Integrat Analys & Dec Sci Team
Post Doctorate RA C
Nazar Kholod is a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Joint Global Change Research Institute, a collaboration between the University of Maryland and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
His current research focuses on energy policy, energy efficiency, energy security, emissions of short-lived climate forcers, integrated assessment of climate change.
Previously Dr. Kholod worked at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington, DC. He also was an Associate Professor at Lviv National University, Ukraine.
Education and Credentials
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
- Doctor of Science degree in Economics, Ivan Franko National University, Lviv, Ukraine.
Affiliations and Professional Service
- European Geosciences Union
- Kholod N, and M Evans. 2016. "Reducing Black Carbon Emissions from Diesel Vehicles in Russia: An Assessment and Policy Recommendations." Environmental Science & Policy 56:1-8. doi:10.1016/j.envsci.2015.10.017
- Kholod N, M Evans, E Gusev, S Yu, V Malyshev, S Tretyakova, and A Barinov. 2016. "A Methodology for Calculating Transport Emissions in Cities with Limited Traffic Data: Case Study of Diesel Particulates and Black Carbon Emissions in Murmansk." Science of the Total Environment 547:305-313. doi:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.12.151
- Kholod N, M Evans, and V Malyshev. 2015. "Minimizing the Black Carbon Emission of Mine Dump Trucks." Mining Industry 3(121):72-76.
- Evans M, N Kholod, V Malyshev, S Tretyakova, E Gusev, S Yu, and A Barinov. 2015. "Black carbon emissions from Russian diesel sources: Case study of Murmansk." Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics 15(14):8349-8359. doi:10.5194/acp-15-8349-2015