High Performance Computing
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Dr. Antonino Tumeo received the M.S degree in Informatic Engineering, in 2005, and the Ph.D degree in Computer Engineering, in 2009, from Politecnico di Milano in Italy. Since February 2011, he has been a research scientist in the PNNL's High Performance Computing group. He Joined PNNL in 2009 as a post doctoral research associate. Previously, he was a post doctoral researcher at Politecnico di Milano. His research interests are modeling and simulation of high performance architectures, hardware-software codesign, FPGA prototyping and GPGPU computing.
- Simulation and modeling of high performance architectures
- Hardware-software codesign
- FPGA prototpying
- GPGPU computing
Education and Credentials
- 2009 PhD in Computer Engineering - Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- 2005 MSc in Information Engineering - Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
Affiliations and Professional Service
- IEEE Member
- ACM Member
Awards and Recognitions
- 2011 CUDA Research Center
- Tumeo A, NA Gawande, and O Villa. 2014. "A Flexible CUDA LU-based Solver for Small, Batched Linear Systems." Chapter 5 in Numerical Computations with GPUs, ed. V Kindratenko, pp. 87-101. Springer International Publishing, Cham, Switzerland.
- Castellana VG, A Tumeo, and F Ferrandi. 2014. "An Adaptive Memory Interface Controller for Improving Bandwidth Utilization of Hybrid and Reconfigurable Systems." In Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition (DATE), March 24-28, 2014, Dresden, Germany, pp. 1-4. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, NJ.
- Secchi S, M Ceriani, A Tumeo, O Villa, G Palermo, and L Raffo. 2013. "Exploring Hardware Support For Scaling Irregular Applications on Multi-node Multi-core Architectures." In IEEE 24th International Conference on Application-Specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP 2013), June 5--7, 2013, Washington DC, pp. 309-313. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/ASAP.2013.6567595
- Ferrandi F, PL Lanzi, C Pilato, D Sciuto, and A Tumeo. 2013. "Ant Colony Optimization for Mapping, Scheduling and Placing in Reconfigurable Systems." In NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems (AHS-2013), June 24-27, 2013, Torino, Italy, pp. 47-54. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , Torino, Italy. doi:10.1109/AHS.2013.6604225
- Tumeo A, O Villa, S Secchi, and D Chavarría-Miranda. 2013. "Efficient Aho-Corasick String Matching on Emerging Multicore Architectures." Chapter 6 in Multicore Computing: Algorithms, Architectures, and Applications, ed. S Rajasekaran, et al, pp. 143-170. Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Villa O, M Fatica, NA Gawande, and A Tumeo. 2013. "Power/Performance Trade-offs of Small Batched LU Based Solvers on GPUs." In Euro-Par 2013 Parallel Processing. 19th International Conference, August 26-30, 2013, Aachen, Germany. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 8097, ed. F Wolf, B Mohr and D an Mey, pp. 813-825. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-40047-6_81
- Villa O, NA Gawande, and A Tumeo. 2013. "Accelerating Subsurface Transport Simulation on Heterogeneous Clusters." In IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (CLUSTER 2013), September 23-27, 2013, Indianapolis, Indiana, pp. 1-8. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/CLUSTER.2013.6702656
- Tumeo A, S Secchi, and O Villa. 2012. "Designing Next Generation Massively Multithreaded Architectures for Irregular Applications." Computer 45(8):53-61.
- Tumeo A, O Villa, and D Chavarría-Miranda. 2012. "Aho-Corasick String Matching on Shared and Distributed Memory Parallel Architectures." IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 23(3):436-443. doi:10.1109/TPDS.2011.181
- Tumeo A, O Villa, and D Chavarría-Miranda. 2012. "Hardware Architectures for Data-Intensive Computing Problems: A Case Study for String Matching." Chapter 3 in Data-Intensive Computing: Advances, Applications & Architectures, ed. I Gorton and DK Gracio, pp. 24-47. Cambridge University Press, New York, NY.
- Villa O, A Tumeo, S Secchi, and JB Manzano Franco. 2012. "Fast and Accurate Simulation of the Cray XMT Multithreaded Supercomputer." IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 23(12):2266-2279. doi:10.1109/TPDS.2012.70
- Secchi S, A Tumeo, and O Villa. 2011. "Contention Modeling for Multithreaded Distributed Shared Memory Machines: The Cray XMT." In 11th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2011), May 23-26, 2011, Newport Beach, California, pp. 275-284. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/CCGrid.2011.39
- Tumeo A, S Secchi, and O Villa. 2011. "Experiences with string matching on the Fermi Architecture." In Architecture of Computing Systems - ARCS 2011: 24th International Conference, February 24-25, 2011, Como, Italy. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6566, ed. M Berekovic, et al, pp. 26-37. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-19137-4_3
- Tumeo A, and O Villa. 2010. "Accelerating DNA analysis applications on GPU clusters." In 8th IEEE Symposium on Application Specific Processors (SASP), June 13-14, 2010, Anaheim, California, pp. 71-76. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/SASP.2010.5521145
- Siegel J, O Villa, S Krishnamoorthy, A Tumeo, and X Li. 2010. "Efficient Sparse Matrix-Matrix Multiplication on Heterogeneous High Performance Systems." In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing Workshops and Posters (CLUSTER WORKSHOPS 2010), pp. 1-8. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/CLUSTERWKSP.2010.5613109
- Villa O, A Tumeo, and D Sciuto. 2010. "Efficient pattern matching on GPUs for intrusion detection systems." In Proceedings of the 7th ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers, pp. 87-88. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/1787275.1787296