Integrat Analys & Dec Sci Team
Sha Yu is a scientist at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. Her research focuses on developing and implementing energy efficiency and clean energy policies in developing countries such as India, China, and Vietnam. She worked with Chinese cities to improve energy efficiency as well as energy planning in industry and buildings sectors. She has also worked on the integrated assessment modeling in industrial, building, and transportation sectors; the modeling tool helps countries to analyze the impact of economic, demographic, and social development on energy supply and demand in the near and long terms. Sha Yu also contributed to the development of black carbon emissions inventory and mitigation measures in the Russian Arctic.
- Kholod N, M Evans, E Gusev, S Yu, V Malyshev, S Tretyakova, and A Barinov. 2016. "A Methodology for Calculating Transport Emissions in Cities with Limited Traffic Data: Case Study of Diesel Particulates and Black Carbon Emissions in Murmansk." Science of the Total Environment 547:305-313. doi:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.12.151
- Gao J, A Zhang, SK Lam, X Zhang, AM Thomson, E Lin, K Jiang, LE Clarke, JA Edmonds, GP Kyle, S Yu, Y Zhou, and S Zhou. 2016. "An integrated assessment of the potential of agricultural and forestry residues for energy production in China." Global Change Biology Bioenergy 8(5):880-893. doi:10.1111/gcbb.12305
- Wang L, PL Patel, S Yu, B Liu, JD Mcleod, LE Clarke, and W Chen. 2016. "Win-Win strategies to promote air pollutant control policies and non-fossil energy target regulation in China." Applied Energy 163:244-253. doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.10.189
- Evans M, N Kholod, V Malyshev, S Tretyakova, E Gusev, S Yu, and A Barinov. 2015. "Black carbon emissions from Russian diesel sources: Case study of Murmansk." Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics 15(14):8349-8359. doi:10.5194/acp-15-8349-2015
- Liu B, M Evans, LE Clarke, ST Waldhoff, and S Yu. 2015. Decarbonizing India’s Power Sector: Preliminary Synthesis of Project Results from the U.S.-India Model Intercomparison. PNNL-24736, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Yin X, W Chen, J Eom, LE Clarke, SH Kim, PL Patel, S Yu, and GP Kyle. 2015. "China's transportation energy consumption and CO2 emissions from a global perspective." Energy Policy 82:233-248. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2015.03.021
- Yu S, J Eom, M Evans, and LE Clarke. 2014. "A long-term, integrated impact assessment of alternative building energy code scenarios in China." Energy Policy 67:626-639. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2013.11.009
- Yu S, J Eom, Y Zhou, M Evans, and LE Clarke. 2014. "Scenarios of Building Energy Demand for China with a Detailed Regional Representation." Energy 67:284-297. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2013.12.072
- Yu S, M Evans, and A Delgado. 2014. Building Energy Efficiency in India: Compliance Evaluation of Energy Conservation Building Code. PNNL-23217, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Yu S, M Evans, and Q Shi. 2014. Analysis of the Chinese Market for Building Energy Efficiency. PNNL-22761, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Yu S, M Evans, B Guo, and J Zhang. 2014. "Market Transformation for Urban Energy Efficiency in China." In China Environment Series, vol. 12, ed. JT Turner, pp. 102-109. Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington, DC.
- Evans M, S Yu, B Song, Q Deng, J Liu, and A Delgado. 2014. "Building Energy Efficiency in Rural China ." Energy Policy 64:243-251. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2013.06.040
- Evans M, J Mathur, and S Yu. 2014. Energy Efficiency Pilot Projects in Jaipur: Testing the Energy Conservation Building Code. PNNL-23241, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Yu S, and M Evans. 2013. Proposed Training Plan to Improve Building Energy Efficiency in Vietnam. PNNL-22275, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Yu S, M Evans, P Kumar, L Van Wie, and V Bhatt. 2013. Using Third-Party Inspectors in Building Energy Codes Enforcement in India. PNNL-22155, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Zhou S, GP Kyle, S Yu, LE Clarke, J Eom, PW Luckow, V Chaturvedi, X Zhang, and JA Edmonds. 2013. "Energy use and CO2 emissions of China’s industrial sector from a global perspective." Energy Policy 58:284-294. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2013.03.014
- Yu S, EJ Makela, M Evans, and J Mathur. 2012. Recommendations on Implementing the Energy Conservation Building Code in Rajasthan, India. PNNL-21054, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Zhou S, Q Tong, S Yu, Y Wang, Q Chai, and X Zhang. 2012. "Role of non-fossil energy in meeting China's energy and climate target for 2020." Energy Policy 51:14-19. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2012.05.083
- Yu S, and M Evans. 2010. China’s R&D for Energy Efficient Buildings: Insights for U.S. Cooperation with China. PNNL-19370, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Yu S, and M Evans. 2010. India’s R&D for Energy Efficient Buildings: Insights for U.S. Cooperation with India. PNNL-19487, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.