Integrated Modeling & Energy
Haewon McJeon is a staff scientist at the Joint Global Change Research Institute, a partnership between the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and the University of Maryland. His research focuses on developing methods for decision-making under uncertainties surrounding climate change. Dr. McJeon's recent work has examined large-scale technology combinations and their impact on the cost of climate stabilization, the climate implications of globally abundant natural gas, and long-run energy-emission scenarios for the next three centuries.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., Environmental Policy, University of Maryland, MD, USA
- B.A., Economics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- Iyer GC, N Hultman, J Eom, HC McJeon, PL Patel, and LE Clarke. 2015. "Diffusion of low-carbon technologies and the feasibility of long-term climate targets." Technological Forecasting and Social Change 90(Part A):103-118. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2013.08.025
- McJeon HC, JA Edmonds, N Bauer, LE Clarke, B Fisher, BP Flannery, J Hilaire, V Krey, G Marangoni, R Mi, K Riahi, HH Rogner, and M Tavoni. 2014. "Limited impact on decadal-scale climate change from increased use of natural gas." Nature 514(7523):482-485. doi:10.1038/nature13837
- Scott MJ, DS Daly, JE Hathaway, CS Lansing, Y Liu, HC McJeon, RH Moss, PL Patel, MJ Peterson, JS Rice, and Y Zhou. 2014. Calculating Impacts of Energy Standards on Energy Demand in U.S. Buildings under Uncertainty with an Integrated Assessment Model: Technical Background Data. PNNL-23918, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Scott MJ, DS Daly, Y Zhou, JS Rice, PL Patel, HC McJeon, GP Kyle, SH Kim, J Eom, and LE Clarke. 2014. "Evaluating sub-national building-energy efficiency policy options under uncertainty: Efficient sensitivity testing of alternative climate, technolgical, and socioeconomic futures in a regional intergrated-assessment model. ." Energy Economics 43(2014):22-33. doi:10.1016/j.eneco.2014.01.012
- Wise MA, HC McJeon, KV Calvin, LE Clarke, and GP Kyle. 2014. "Assessing the interactions among U.S. climate policy, biomass energy, and agricultural trade." The Energy Journal 35(Special Issue):, doi:10.5547/01956574.35.si1.9
- Lemoine DM, and HC McJeon. 2013. "Trapped Between Two Tails: Trading Off Scientific Uncertainties via Climate Targets." Environmental Research Letters 8(3):Article No. 034019. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/3/034019
- Edmonds JA, KV Calvin, LE Clarke, AC Janetos, SH Kim, MA Wise, and HC McJeon. 2012. "Integrated Assessment Modeling." In Encyclopedia of Sustainability Science and Technology, ed. RA Meyers, pp. 5398-5428. Springer , New York, NY.
- McJeon HC, LE Clarke, GP Kyle, MA Wise, A Hackbarth, B Bryant, and R Lempert. 2011. "Technology Interactions among Low Carbon Energy Technologies: What Can We Learn from a Large Number of Scenarios?" Energy Economics 33(4):619-631. doi:10.1016/j.eneco.2010.10.007
- Pugh G, LE Clarke, R Marlay, GP Kyle, MA Wise, HC McJeon, and G Chan. 2011. "Energy R&D portfolio analysis based on climate change mitigation." Energy Economics 33(4):634-643. doi:10.1016/j.eneco.2010.11.007
- Evans M, HC McJeon, B Shui, and SE Lee. 2009. Country Report on Building Energy Codes in Korea. PNNL-17851, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.