Integrated Modeling & Energy
Haewon McJeon is a staff scientist at the Joint Global Change Research Institute, a partnership between the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and the University of Maryland. His research focuses on developing methods for decision-making under uncertainties surrounding climate change. Dr. McJeon's recent work has examined large-scale technology combinations and their impact on the cost of climate stabilization, the climate implications of globally abundant natural gas, and long-run energy-emission scenarios for the next three centuries.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., Environmental Policy, University of Maryland, MD, USA
- B.A., Economics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- Barron RW, and HC McJeon. 2015. "The differential impact of low-carbon technologies on climate change mitigation cost under a range of socioeconomic and climate policy scenarios." Energy Policy 80:264-274. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2015.01.038
- Bosetti V, G Marangoni, E Borgonovo, LD Anadon, RW Barron, HC McJeon, S Politis, and P Friley. 2015. "Sensitivity to Energy Technology Costs: A Multi-model comparison analysis." Energy Policy 80:244-263. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2014.12.012
- Iyer GC, LE Clarke, JA Edmonds, BP Flannery, N Hultman, HC McJeon, and D Victor. 2015. "Improved Representation of Investment Decisions in Assessments of CO2 Mitigation." Nature Climate Change 5(5):436-440. doi:10.1038/nclimate2553
- Iyer GC, N Hultman, J Eom, HC McJeon, PL Patel, and LE Clarke. 2015. "Diffusion of low-carbon technologies and the feasibility of long-term climate targets." Technological Forecasting and Social Change 90(Part A):103-118. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2013.08.025
- McJeon HC, JA Edmonds, N Bauer, LE Clarke, B Fisher, BP Flannery, J Hilaire, V Krey, G Marangoni, R Mi, K Riahi, HH Rogner, and M Tavoni. 2014. "Limited impact on decadal-scale climate change from increased use of natural gas." Nature 514(7523):482-485. doi:10.1038/nature13837
- Scott MJ, DS Daly, JE Hathaway, CS Lansing, Y Liu, HC McJeon, RH Moss, PL Patel, MJ Peterson, JS Rice, and Y Zhou. 2014. Calculating Impacts of Energy Standards on Energy Demand in U.S. Buildings under Uncertainty with an Integrated Assessment Model: Technical Background Data. PNNL-23918, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Scott MJ, DS Daly, Y Zhou, JS Rice, PL Patel, HC McJeon, GP Kyle, SH Kim, J Eom, and LE Clarke. 2014. "Evaluating sub-national building-energy efficiency policy options under uncertainty: Efficient sensitivity testing of alternative climate, technolgical, and socioeconomic futures in a regional intergrated-assessment model. ." Energy Economics 43(2014):22-33. doi:10.1016/j.eneco.2014.01.012
- Lemoine DM, and HC McJeon. 2013. "Trapped Between Two Tails: Trading Off Scientific Uncertainties via Climate Targets." Environmental Research Letters 8(3):Article No. 034019. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/3/034019
- Edmonds JA, KV Calvin, LE Clarke, AC Janetos, SH Kim, MA Wise, and HC McJeon. 2012. "Integrated Assessment Modeling." In Encyclopedia of Sustainability Science and Technology, ed. RA Meyers, pp. 5398-5428. Springer , New York, NY.
- Evans M, HC McJeon, B Shui, and SE Lee. 2009. Country Report on Building Energy Codes in Korea. PNNL-17851, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.