Scientific Data Management
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Sutanay Choudhury is a member of the Scientific Data Management (SDM) Group in the Computational Science and Mathematics Division at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). He is actively working on large scale graph analytics as part of the Center for Adaptive Supercomputing Software (http://cass-mt.pnnl.gov/), and Asymmetric Resilient Cyber-Security Initiative.
- Graph Databases: Search and knowledge discovery from streaming graphs
- Machine-learning: Bayesian Networks, Clustering, Topic-Modeling
- Domains: Cyber-security, Social Media, Sensor Networks, Natural Language Processing
Education and Credentials
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Colorado State University, USA 2004
- B.E., Electrical Engineering, Jadavpur University, India 2000
Affiliations and Professional Service
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Choudhury S, L Holder, G Chin, Jr, A Ray, SJ Beus, and JT Feo. 2013. "StreamWorks - A system for Dynamic Graph Search." In Proceedings of the 2013 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2013), June 22-27, 2013, New York, pp. 1101-1104. ACM, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2463676.2463697
- Halappanavar M, S Choudhury, EA Hogan, PSY Hui, JR Johnson, III, I Ray, and LB Holder. 2013. "Towards A Network-of-Networks Framework for Cyber Security." In IEEE Intelligence and Security Informatics, June 4-7, 2013, Seattle, Washington, pp. 106-108. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/ISI.2013.6578796
- Bell EB, SJ Rose, and S Choudhury. 2012. Text Analysis Capability. PNNL-21871, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Chin G, Jr, A Marquez, S Choudhury, and JT Feo. 2012. "Scalable Triadic Analysis of Large-Scale Graphs: Multi-Core vs. Multi-Processor vs. Multi-Threaded Shared Memory Architectures." In Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE 24th International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing, (SBAC-PAD) October 24-26, 2012, New York, NY, pp. 163-170. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/SBAC-PAD.2012.39
- Chin G, Jr, S Choudhury, LJ Kangas, SA McFarlane, and A Marquez. 2011. "Evaluating In-Clique and Topological Parallelism Strategies for Junction Tree-Based Bayesian Inference Algorithm on the Cray XMT." In Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing Workshops and Phd Forum (IPDPSW 2011), May 16-20, 2011, Anchorage, Alaska, pp. 1710-1719. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/IPDPS.2011.328
- Choudhury S, L Holder, G Chin, Jr, and JT Feo. 2011. "Large-Scale Continuous Subgraph Queries on Streams." In Proceedings of the 1st Annual Workshop on High-Performance Computing Meets Databases (HPCBD 2011), November 12-18, 2011, Seattle, Washington, pp. 29-32. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), New York. doi:10.1145/2125636.2125647
- Chin G, Jr, S Choudhury, LJ Kangas, SA McFarlane, and A Marquez. 2010. "Fault Detection in Distributed Climate Sensor Networks using Dynamic Bayesian Networks." In Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on e-Science (e-Science 2010), December 7-10, 2010, Brisbane, Australia, pp. 121-128. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/eScience.2010.22
- Shah AR, JN Adkins, DJ Baxter, WR Cannon, D Chavarría-Miranda, S Choudhury, I Gorton, DK Gracio, TD Halter, N Jaitly, JR Johnson, RT Kouzes, MC Macduff, A Marquez, ME Monroe, CS Oehmen, WA Pike, C Scherrer, O Villa, BJM Webb-Robertson, PD Whitney, and N Zuljevic. 2010. "Applications in Data-Intensive Computing." In Advances in Computers, vol. 79, ed. M Zelkowitz, pp. 1-70. Academic Press Inc., San Diego, CA.
- Chin G, Jr, A Marquez, S Choudhury, and K Maschhoff. 2009. "Implementing and Evaluating Multithreaded Triad Census Algorithms on the Cray XMT." In IEEE International Symposium on Parallel & Distributed Processing (IPDPS 2009), May 25-29, Rome, Italy. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/IPDPS.2009.5161109
- Choudhury S, and V Chandrasekar. 2007. "Wideband Reception and Processing for Dual-Polarization Radars with Dual Transmitters." Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 24(1):95-101.
- An open source implementation of PakBus™ protocol. S. Choudhury and M. Macduff, "Linux based software for data collection from Campbell Data Loggers" - Invention Report, 15895-E, 2008.