Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
I have over 20 years experience in the fields of Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry. Since 1998, I have been working on the Department of Energy's Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Program as a value added products and data system developer and project manager working closely with atmospheric scientists to obtain a thorough understanding of the data management requirements within atmospheric sciences.
I have served as a group manager, project manager, system architect, and developer with experience in all aspects of project management (budget, schedule, resource, and risk analysis), architecture and system design, coding, testing, installation, and maintenance.
- Data Management
- Data Flow
- Data Analysis
- Smart Grid Technology and Interoperability
Education and Credentials
- M.S. Computer Science, Washington State University, Richland, 2000
- B.S. Physics with minors in Mathematics and Chemistry, Eastern Oregon University, LaGrande, 1991
Affiliations and Professional Service
- IEEE Computer Society
- American Meteorological Society
- Member of the SciDB Science Advisory Board for Atmospheric Sciences
Awards and Recognitions
- George Westinghouse Innovation Award, 1995
- Fire Fighting Foam Analyzer and Method, U.S. patent #4907444
- Narbutovskih SM, W Daily, AL Ramirez, TD Halter, and MD Sweeney. 1996. "Electrical Resistivity Tomography at the DOE Hanford Site." In Proceedings of the Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems. Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society, Wheat Ridge, Colorado, p 773. Abstract available from DOE Technology Information Exchange Workshop, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Burrill DR and TD Halter. 1993. "Prototyping in Windows, Using Off-The-Shelf Software for a ‘LIMS' Application." Association for Energy Systems, Operations, and Programming, Seattle, October 27-29.
- Troyer GL, TD Halter, RS Addleman, and JD Criddle. 1993. "A Synthetic Alpha Energy Spectra Source for Testing Continuous Air Monitors."
Health Physics Society Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, July 11-15.
- Marx M, M Harper, and T Halter. 1988. Introduction to Quantitative Modeling of Fire Fighting Foam (manual).