Linus Pauling Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship
Now accepting nominations for the Linus Pauling Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship. Candidates need to apply through the Jobs @ PNNL career application site. Applications are due on December 1, 2016.
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is known for delivering transformational science and technology and accelerating the rate of innovation in energy, environment, and national security.
PNNL's Linus Pauling Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship is designed for the next generation of scientists and engineers who will push the boundaries of science to world-recognized discoveries.
Pauling Fellows will be encouraged through active mentoring by internationally recognized scientists and equipped with the resources to carry out a research program of their own design. They will learn cutting-edge approaches, utilize and build state-of-science capabilities, as well as contribute to research efforts that advance scientific frontiers and solve pressing challenges for the nation.
The Linus Pauling Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowships at PNNL will provide full funding to its selected candidates on a major research project of their choice.
The position will also include:
- a highly competitive salary
- full medical/dental benefits
- plus the availability of extra funding for travel and conferences.
Selected candidates will be hired for a three-year maximum duration to complete their project.
Applicants for 2017
Applications for 2017 appointments are now open and are due on December 1, 2016. The Linus Pauling Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory accepted qualified candidate applications from recent and upcoming PhD Graduates in Science & Engineering, who wish to conduct research on a project of their choice.
Qualified Candidates must have completed a PhD in a Science or Engineering field related to the mission areas of PNNL within the last three years, or by summer 2017, from an accredited college or university. All staff at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Candidates will be required to apply through the Jobs @ PNNL career application site and submit the following items as a single PDF uploaded attachment when applying to this position:
- Cover Letter
- Current CV
- Statement of Research Interests (including reasoning on why PNNL is a good place to carry out your studies)
- Written Response to each of the following questions (please include views from your own research interests as well as a wider scope across your field):
- What is the most interesting/challenging problem in your field today? What intrigues you most about this problem?
- What do you think it will take to solve that problem (do we need to invent new tools, new algorithms, push the bounds of detection limits)? What will it take and how would you propose to engage or participate?
- If that problem were already solved, what would the impact be on you? On science? On society?
- Unofficial Transcripts