One-stop Shop Intellectual Property & Business Legal Services for Small Businesses: Introducing Sirti's IP/BizNet
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
7:15 AM to 8:30 AM
Add to Calendar
Location: Richland Community Center
The Three Rivers Entrepreneur Network presents its January meeting topic entitled "One-stop shop IP legal services for small businesses: Introducing IP/BizNet." The talk will be presented by Mike Urso of Sirti, a Spokane-based, state-funded economic development agency focused on accelerating the development and growth of innovative technology companies in Eastern Washington. The Sirti IP/BizNet service provides valuable intellectual property and business related legal services that help technology-based businesses protect their interests at a price they can afford. Mike will cover how the IP/BizNet service works, why it was developed, how entrepreneurs can gain access, as well as other pertinent information.
Mike Urso, Sr. Principal Consultant, Sirti
What You'll Learn
- Who's involved in the Sirti IP/BizNet service
- What legal services are available via the Sirti IP/BizNet service
- Program capacity
- How to qualify for the Sirti IP/BizNet service
- What costs are involved, if any
- How to get involved in Sirti IP/BizNet service
Who Should Attend
- Business owners considering protecting their intellectual property
- Technology-based businesses engaged in work they would like to patent
- Technology-based businesses needing assistance with a wide variety of business law issues; licensing, manufacturing, distribution, non-disclosure and many other such agreements.
- Technology-based businesses needing assistance with the filing of Trademark, Copyright, and Business Incorporation documents.
There is no charge to attend. You must pre-register by Friday, January 18 to attend. Space is limited, so register early. A continental breakfast will be provided.To register, please e-mail or call Alice Ettesvold at (509) 375-2068 with the following information for each attendee: name, company/organization affiliation, phone number, and e-mail.
Note: Room capacity is limited. Preference is given to technology-based businesses and economic development professionals.
For More Information
About the Speaker
Mike Urso is Sr. Principal Consultant for Sirti. With over 15 years of experience in Fortune 500 companies, Mike has a broad range of marketing, product development, and new business development experience. Prior to joining Sirti, Mike was the vice president of marketing for Potlatch Corporation and the Global New Business Development Manager and Global Composite Materials Project Manager for The Dow Chemical Company. With a proven track record of delivering outstanding results, Mike is particularly adept at analyzing situations as well as developing and implementing strategic action plans.