About PNNL's EDO
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory supports economic development in the Pacific Northwest with a focus on helping technology businesses start, grow, and relocate. PNNL participates in economic development because it's in our region's and nation's best interest to do so and because it is our responsibility as a national laboratory.
Our Economic Development Office (EDO) offers programs and support to technology businesses that:
- demonstrate the Department of Energy's commitment to diversifying the local, regional, and national economies
- enhance the Laboratory's reputation as a meaningful participant in the Northwest economy
- deliver tangible business outcomes for companies
- aid in deploying our leading science and technology into real-world applications
- connect our researchers with new opportunities for discovery.
The Local Community and Beyond
With its strong science and technology history, the Tri-Cities is recognized for its innovation and entrepreneurial enterprises. Our community is one of the region's strongest technology anchors since 1943, and we want it continue to grow and thrive long into the future. At PNNL, we believe that developing a diverse, sustained technology sector will bolster the vitality of our national laboratory, the region, and the nation.