Data Intensive Sci Computing
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Selim Ciraci was born in Ankara, Turkey, in 1981. He obtained his B.Sc. degree from Bilkent University Department of Computer Science in 2003 and, his M.Sc. degree also from the same university in 2003. His M.Sc. thesis topic was on Peer-to-Peer computer networks. He obtained his PhD degree from Software Engineering Chair at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands, in December 2009. His Ph.D thesis was on applying and developing model checking techniques for different software evolution problems.
Until February 2011, he worked as a post-doctoral associate also in the Software Engineering chair. Currently, he is working as a scientist in the Fundamental & Computer Sciences Directorate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratories.
- Software evolution
- Verification/evaluation of software models
- Domain specific models
- Programming languages
- Distributed computing/software systems.
- Ciraci S, and O Villa. 2013. "Exploiting Points-to Maps for De-/Serialization Code Generation." In Proceedings of the 28th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2013), March 18-22, 2013, Coimbra, Portugal, pp. 1712-1719. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2480362.2480686
- Ciraci S, H Sozer, and B Tekinerdogan. 2013. "A Run-Time Verification Framework for Smart Grid Applications Implemented on Simulation Frameworks." In 2nd International Workshop on Software Engineering Challenges for the Smart Grid (SE4SG 2013), May 18, 2013, San Francisco, California, pp. 1-8. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/SE4SG.2013.6596105
- Fuller JC, AR Fisher, S Ciraci, JL Hammerstrom, ML Hauer, and KP Schneider. 2013. Roadmap Document for Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Contribution to the Open Modeling Framework. PNNL-22489, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Fuller JC, S Ciraci, JA Daily, AR Fisher, and ML Hauer. 2013. "Communication Simulations for Power System Applications." In IEEE Workshop on Modeling and Simulation of Cyber-Physical Energy Systems (MSCPES), Co-Located with the Fourth ACM International Conference on Future Energy Systems, May 20, 2013, Berkeley, California, pp. 24-29. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , Piscataway, NJ.
- Gorton I, J Yin, BA Akyol, S Ciraci, T Critchlow, Y Liu, TD Gibson, S Purohit, P Sharma, and M Vlachopoulou. 2013. "GridOPTICS(TM) A Novel Software Framework for Integrating Power Grid Data Storage, Management and Analysis." In Proceedings of the 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-46), January 7-10, 2013, Maui, Hawaii, ed. RH Sprague, Jr., pp. 2167 -2176. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/HICSS.2013.243
- Ciraci S, and BA Akyol. 2012. "NetSim Steer: A Runtime Steering Framework for Network Simulators." In IEEE 20th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis & Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2012), August 7-6, 2012, Washington DC, pp. 498-500. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/MASCOTS.2012.64
- Ciraci S, and BA Akyol. 2012. "NetSim-Steer: A Runtime Steering Framework for Network Simulators." In IEEE 20th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis & Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS) August 7-9, 2012, Washington DC, pp. 498-500. IEEE Computer Society , Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/MASCOTS.2012.64
- Ciraci S, H Sozer, and B Tekinerdogan. 2012. "An Approach for Detecting Inconsistencies between Behavioral Models of the Software Architecture and the Code." In IEEE 36th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC 2012), July 16-20, 2012, Izmir, Turkey, ed. X Bai, et al, pp. 257-266. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/COMPSAC.2012.36
- Akyol BA, JN Haack, S Ciraci, BJ Carpenter, M Vlachopoulou, and CW Tews. 2012. "VOLTTRON: An Agent Execution Platform for the Electric Power System." In Third International Workshop on Agent Technologies for Energy Systems (ATES 2012). A workshop of the Eleventh International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2012), June 5, 2012, Valencia, Spain. International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, N/A.
- Villa O, A Tumeo, S Ciraci, JA Daily, and JC Fuller. 2012. "A High Performance Computing Network and System Simulator for the Power Grid: NGNS^2." In 2012 SC Companion: High Performance Computing, Networking and Analytics for the Power Grid (SCC), November 10-16, 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah, pp. 313-322. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/SC.Companion.2012.50
- Ciraci S, and BA Akyol. 2011. "An Evaluation of the Network Simulators in Large-Scale Distributed Simulations." In HiPCNA-PG '11: Proceedings of the First International Workshop on High Performance Computing Networking and Analytics for the Power Grid, November 12-18, 2011, Seattle, Washington , pp. 59-65. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2096123.2096137
- Ciraci S, and J Yin. 2011. "Towards a Scalable and Reliable Real Time In-Network Data Analysis Infrastructure." In IEEE Symposium on Large Scale Data Analysis and Visualization (LDAV 2011), October 23-24, 2011, Providence, Rhode Island, ed. D Rogers and CT Silva, pp. 135-136. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/LDAV.2011.6092336
- Ciraci S, H Sozer, and M Aksit. 2011. "Guiding Architects in Selecting Architectural Evolution Alternatives." In Software Architecture: Proceedings of the 5th European Conference (ECSA 2011), September 13-16, 2011. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6903, ed. I Crnkovic, V Gruhn and M Book, pp. 252-260. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-23798-0_28